Having a baby means spending a lot of hours on daily basis in preparing healthy homemade food for your baby. This can be a tiresome process especially if you have more than one baby or you are a working mom and you don’t have someone to help you in the preparation of the food. By having the best baby food processor that suits all your needs, can reduce the time that you spend regularly in preparing food for your baby by more than half. Since, there are so many food processors available in the market these days and getting the right one for you can be a headache process. We, however, simplified the process for you by checking out as many as we could and reviewing the best five for you.
We considered several factors when reviewing the food processors:
- Functionality – Is the food processor multi functional? Can you perform several different tasks, such as blending, steaming or defrosting with it?
- Dual basket design – Can you cook two different foods at the same time without mixing the flavors?
- Ease of use – How easy it is to use? Does it take a long time for you to understand the manual and operate the food maker?
- Efficiency – How long does it take to prepare food, say, like blending fruits? How is the final product? Smooth, or full of lumps?
- Accessories – Does the food processor come with enough accessories, such as mixing bowls, cups or spatulas?
- Cost – Is the food maker’s cost proportional to its functions? Does it give good value for your money?
These points can help you when choosing and buying a food processor, as we only wrote about the best, including the pros and cons for each, so that you can easily choose the best for you.
Best Baby Food Processor and Makers 2017
|NUK Smoothie and Baby Food Maker ||Plastic||No||3.2 pounds||
|Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Maker||bpa free||No||4 pounds||
|Babymoov Baby Food Maker||Plastic||No||7.8 pounds||
|Versatile Baby Food Maker||Plastic||No|
|Philips Avent Scf870/21 ||Plastic||No||6 pounds||
NUK Smoothie and Baby Food Maker
This budget baby food processor (costs about $46) is the perfect one to have if you are looking for an affordable food processor of decent quality. It is powerful, having a 250W motor, powered by America’s top blender brand, Oster. It comes with a 20-piece set of handy accessories you may need, including a blender and blender bowl, a sippy cup that can be directly attached to the blender, enabling you to blend smoothies directly into it, and six stack able cups. This baby food maker is made of sturdy plastic material that is durable and will last for a long time.
NUK’s baby food processor has two great ways to make meals for your child: you can blend smoothies into the sippy cup or blend fresh food in the blender bowl. All its parts, apart from the base, are dishwasher-safe, making it very easy to clean. It is the ideal baby food processor for anyone looking for a powerful baby food maker at an affordable price.
• It comes with a 20-piece set of everything you need to blend and process food.
• You can attach a sippy cup to the blender.
• It has a simple, one-touch blending action for ease of use.
• It is small
• It does not come with a steamer.
• It may occasionally overheat.
Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Maker
This multi-functional baby food processor from Baby Brezza makes your work easier when making your baby’s food by steaming the food then automatically blending it, all at the push of one button. It steams then blends the food in the same bowl, hence you don’t have to transfer food or change bowls in the middle of preparation. It is easy to use – you simply load your fruits, vegetables, fish or meats into the machine, set the time you want for steaming, and in a few minutes, you have healthy and delicious baby food that has been steamed and blended. It can make up to 2.5 cups of baby food.
This baby food maker has only three settings to simplify the process for you: Steam only, blend only or immediately blend food after steaming. Its blade and BPA-free glass bowl are dishwasher-safe, hence simplifying the cleaning process after use.
• One step process to prepare the food – steaming then automatically blending it.
• It has a single bowl design for efficiency and ease of use.
• It has an easy-to-clean bowl.
• It comes with a recipe booklet.
• Removing the blade for cleaning is difficult.
Babymoov Baby Food Maker Nutribaby Zen
The Babymoov Baby Food Maker Nutribaby Zen is one of the advanced baby food processors in the market since it has five functions. You can steam, blend, or defrost baby food, and warm or sterilize baby bottles (up to three full-size ones). It is simple to use; you simply need to choose the function you want on the LCD screen after loading food, and press okay.
The food maker has the largest capacity in the market, with the ability to cook up to 6.25 cups and blend up to 2.5 cups of baby food. It has two steam baskets, allowing you to steam two different things, say fruits and vegetables, without mixing flavors. You can cook each food’s ingredients separately, by starting with the ones that take longest to cook in the first basket, then adding the others to the second basket a few minutes before the cooking process ends.
• Largest capacity in the market.
• Easy to use and manage via the LCD screen.
• It comes with a lifetime warranty.
• It switches itself off automatically when it is done cooking for safety purposes.
• It requires some involvement and time to assemble its different parts.
Versatile Baby Food Maker
This all-in-one baby food processor from Lil’ Jumbl combines five functions in one: steaming, blending, and reheating foods, and warming and sterilizing baby bottles and pacifiers, all in one bowl. It is big enough to sterilize baby bottles of different sizes. It comes with a dual basket design that allows you to steam two different foods at once without mixing flavors. It uses water to produce the steam used, hence preserving the nutrients and flavors in the food.
The food processor has two different speeds for blending: a slow speed for chunky blends and a fast speed for very smooth purees, depending on the age of the baby. It is easy to use, as you can control all its functions on the LCD that has a built-in timer for accuracy when preparing baby food. It uses BPA-plastic that is dishwasher-safe, hence making the cleaning process very easy.
• It automatically turns itself off after cooking.
• It saves time by blending and steaming at the same time.
• It has precise temperature management.
• Its plastic parts have a tendency to crack easily.
Philips Avent SCF870/21 Combined Baby Food Steamer and Blender
This baby food processor is ideal for preparing healthy and home-made food for your baby. It is perfect for preparing food for each stage of weaning. You can blend smooth purees for a young baby or steam vegetables, fruits or meats for when your baby is able to eat solid foods. It can be used for fruits, vegetables, meats and finger foods.
It has an effective steam cycle that retains the cooking liquids, hence preserving the food’s nutrients and texture. It is also easy to use; you simply steam your food then flip the jar over to blend it, without transferring food to a new container. There is a safety lock on the lid to ensure that no food spills out. The blender has a handle attached to it for easy pouring after you are done preparing food. This combined steamer and blender comes with a measuring cup and a spatula.
• Easy to clean, as it has few parts.
• It comes with a recipe book with recipes appropriate for each stage of weaning.
• It has a safety lock on the lid.
• You cannot prepare different meals at a go.
Best Baby Food Processor Reviews